Forestry is a calling – is it calling YOU??
As a key member of the operations team, you will support the leadership team with the coordination of committee meetings, event planning, and related financial management. The OA will be someone who enjoys organizing and reading and writing. The successful candidate will help the team out by managing the scheduling of meetings and associated travel arrangements, proofread committee materials, and record meeting minutes.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone who is detail-oriented, proactive, and enjoys being part of a close-working team.
Position Type: Permanent
Full Time or four days a week
Committee Operations and Support
- Manage members online portal
- Coordinate and distribute committee communications
- Manage logistics for committee meetings: travel, room booking, catering,
- Maintain Committee’s Calendars, email distribution groups, member lists.
- Assemble and distribution of the information packages and PowerPoint presentations.
- Record meeting minutes (attendance, action items, follow ups)
- Support to specific initiatives, such as the FPAC AGM, National Forestry Week, strategic staff sessions and various committee meetings.
Accounting and Contracting
- Assist in compilation, execution and filing of contracts, support purchase order entries
- Support management team with development of travel budgets, subscriptions, and project budgets, assist with forecasting and monitoring
- Assist managers with submission of expenses through SAP Concur
General Office Administration
- Distribution of the office mail, reception coverage on as needed basis and office logistics coverage
- Liaise with suppliers
- Manage off site storage and on-site filing and storage requirements
- Formatting letters, creating polls, surveys, assist with ad hoc research projects
- Be cross- trained and support other members of the administration services team for similar assignments on as needed basis.
- At least 1 year of experience in an administrative and/or customer-facing role
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with an aptitude for multi-tasking and project management
- Proactive and resourceful when faced with a professional challenge
- Experience with leading office productivity tools and apps, such as Microsoft Office Suite
- Customer-oriented communicator who can maintain confidentiality
- Excellent English language writing skills. French language fluency a strong asset
Working at FPAC
This is a permanent position that is based out of FPAC’s downtown Ottawa office. You should be able to work both in the Ottawa office as needed, and remotely. We offer a competitive salary, commensurate with experience, flexible work schedule, a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, and a defined contribution pension plan.
Interested in Applying?
Interested candidates should apply in confidence with a cover letter and cv to email@example.com by November 8th, 2022. We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest but only those under consideration will be contacted.
Forest Products Association of Canada (FPAC) is the voice of Canada’s forest sector. Our team is committed to enabling sector growth, accelerating reconciliation with Indigenous peoples, and promoting the important contributions that forestry makes to Canada’s environment, economy, and broader society.
We are proud to advocate in Canada, and around the world, on behalf of Canadian forest sector workers, families, and the communities they call home. Our small but mighty team is also united in our commitment to ensuring that our workplace is respectful, diverse, collegial, and celebrates individual and team excellence.