Forestry is a calling – is it calling YOU?
As the leader of FPAC’s operations team, this role reports to the President and CEO and provides executive level support to a leader who is driven to make a difference through thoughtful work and excellent customer service.
The EA to the President and CEO will support execution of the leadership team’s day to day work, manage executive travel and scheduling matters, and will be a key liaison with FPAC’s Board of Directors and external partners.
If you are looking for an office environment that is fast-paced, yet flexible – and if you have strong organizational skills and are a proactive life-long learner – this job at FPAC could be for you.
Position Type: Permanent.
Full Time or four days a week.
Executive Level Support
- Plans, manages, and provides comprehensive executive support services to President and CEO and Senior Vice President, including operational and business management services, research, special projects, and provision of advice, assistance, and information to internal /external individuals.
- Provides senior level operational support, including schedule management, travel planning, follow-up of delegated tasks and correspondence, and gathering information for various reports and documents.
- Supports finalizing of expense claims via Concur
- Acts as liaison between the President and CEO and Senior Management with executives and executive assistants in our member companies.
- Supports development of annual budgets.
Board Secretariat and Membership Liaison
- Planning, coordination, follow-up, and customer support to FPAC’s national membership, its Board of Directors and various governance and program committees.
- With guidance from the President and CEO and CFO, ensuring compliance and continual review of the organization’s By-Laws and its corporate governance policies and procedures.
- Coordinate Board meeting packages and committee materials, including managing the Diligent Board Portal.
- Support the onboarding of new members.
- Support distribution of quarterly invoices to members and follow up
- Organize and support specific initiatives, such as the FPAC AGM, National Forestry Week, all board meetings, strategic staff sessions and various committee meetings
- Monthly filing of Lobby registration entries
- Be cross-trained and support other members of the operations team for similar assignments on as needed basis.
- At least 3 years’ experience supporting the work of CEOs, senior teams, programs, boards, or governance committees.
- Experience in government and/or associations is an asset.
- Emotional maturity and demonstrated ability to navigate challenging situations with senior executives in a poised and professional way.
- Strong project management skills with superior attention, and the ability to juggle competing demands.
- Expertise with leading office productivity tools and apps, such as Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent English language writing skills. French language fluency a strong asset
Working at FPAC
This is a permanent position that is based out of FPAC’s downtown Ottawa office. You should be able to work both in the Ottawa office as needed, and remotely. We offer a competitive salary, commensurate with experience, flexible work schedule, a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, and a defined contribution pension plan.
Interested in Applying?
Interested candidates should apply in confidence with a cover letter and cv to email@example.com by November 8th, 2022. We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest but only those under consideration will be contacted.
Forest Products Association of Canada (FPAC) is the voice of Canada’s forest sector. Our team is committed to enabling sector growth, accelerating reconciliation with Indigenous peoples, and promoting the important contributions that forestry makes to Canada’s environment, economy, and broader society.
We are proud to advocate in Canada, and around the world, on behalf of Canadian forest sector workers, families, and the communities they call home. Our small but mighty team is also united in our commitment to ensuring that our workplace is respectful, diverse, collegial, and celebrates individual and team excellence.